Procurement and Manufacturing
CableTronics has more than 20 years’ experience in the sub-contract manufacturing industry so it's not surprising that we’re always able to find the right components for each assembly at the most cost-effective prices from our global network of approved suppliers. This is all part of the added value we offer.
For many of our customers not only do we build but we also arrange all the machining, coating, spraying, marking and purchasing of their electronic and mechanical components. In accordance with our ISO 9001-2008 quality standards, all of our providers are assessed for ability, quality and financial stability prior to supplying any goods to CableTronics.
We have various goods in inspection levels to capture any items such as known issues, previously rejected parts or critical UL components, as well as many pieces of automated test, inspection and preparation equipment to aid both goods in inspection and kitting efficiency.
We use Sage 200 manufacturing and accounting software, which controls all our stock and shop floor functions. This gives us full traceability for every item and component used from receipt to dispatch. It also notifies us of expired products, and ensures that items are kitted in first in last out order. We also obtain information relating to the whereabouts of your products or components at any time during manufacture with the use of our graphical planning software.
Other benefits are:
- Scheduling of components
- Buffer stocks of components held on site and at our suppliers – this gives us the ability to respond to increased demand beyond the projected forecast
- Sub-assemblies stored as work in progress ready for fast response to configuration and call-off
- Full issue/revision status control
There are other benefits too. When we buy components on your behalf, we’re helping your cash flow and, because we’re also bulk buying, the savings are passed on to you through a more competitively priced end product, system or assembly.
In addition to buying a considerable amount of electronic components, we also buy a lot of metal and plastic enclosures, CNC machined parts and other fabricated items. This gives us significant purchasing power through our network of national and international suppliers, which enables us to find new sources quickly in the event of a supply chain failure.
The benefits to YOU are:
- Improved cash flow
- Reduction in purchasing and stores staff
- Less administration and labour resources
- Savings from having to purchase pack and reel sizes
- Reduction of risk and re-work
- Reduced responsibility for waste or scrap disposal
- Reduced time spent on searching for obsolete parts
- Notification and sourcing of replacement components
- Additional space at your premises